Leveraging Talent and Experience for your Needs
Much like a consortium, we provide a platform to share technology expertise among organizations. The Institute is made up of experienced advisors with expertise in technology management, network and systems, security, and funding. Each of our advisors have decades of successful experience in actual K-12 schools and universities. These advisors are made available to your organization on a part-time, fractional basis. This model provides access to highly sought-after skillsets without the cost or hassle of hiring and retaining these individuals in rapidly changing and specialized hiring markets. Contact us for more information.
The Renaissance Institute is a veteran owned business.
Dr. Andrew Berning:
Founder and President: Planning, Management, and Evaluation of Educational Technology.
Dr. Berning brings IT governance and technology management skills to your organization. He is an Air Force veteran, a former chemistry teacher, and served over 25 years as a Chief Technology Officer in K-12 schools, overseeing all aspects of technology including network infrastructure, online learning, integration and evaluation. He is currently the president of The Renaissance Institute, and has an appointment as a research scientist in learning analytics at the University of Texas at Arlington.
Dr. Berning holds a Ph.D. in Educational Technology from The University of Texas at Austin, a Master's Degree in Chemistry, and a Bachelor's Degree in Science Education. He also earned an Executive Certificate in Technology Management and Leadership from the Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
He founded the Institute in 1996 to build a support network of skilled engineers, technologists, and educators. Since then, the Institute has directly served districts in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico-and served thousands of educators through online coursework and support.
We broker experienced, best-in-class technology expertise on a fractional basis--only when you need it.
Areas of Expertise:
- Technology Program Oversight and Management
- Technology Infrastructure
- Systems Integration
- Security and Privacy including Texas SB 820 and HB 3834
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Funding, procurement, and E-rate
- Instructional Materials Management (Managing local and Purchased Instructional Materials and e-textbooks)
- Digital Content Management (Digital Text & Online Content)
- Digital License Management (Tools to Manage Digital Content and Instructional Materials Licensing)
- Research & Best Practices in Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Virtualization & Cloud Computing (Leveraging the Cloud to Your Advantage)
- WCAG Accessibility and ADA Compliance
- State & Federal Compliance Issues
- Legal Issues & Contract Law
- Accountability & Program Review
- Classroom Technology (Projection, Sound, Interactive Technology)
- Instructional Materials & Software: Student-Centered Software
- Data Systems (Information & Workflow Systems)
- Online Learning & Computer-Based Instruction
- Purchasing, Procurement, Contract Management